Dispatch uses ForeFlight’s PDF briefing format to deliver an extensive report on forecasted weather and NOTAMs relevant to each flight. In addition, Dispatch will attach other important flight documents to the briefing, such as the flight’s navlog, Route Report (Jeppesen Airway Manual) analysis, and more, providing an all-in-one document your crew can use to prepare for a flight.
In this section, you can adjust the specific types of weather, NOTAM and reports that are included in each briefing to best suit the needs of your operation.
To change Briefing Settings, click “Dispatch” then click “Settings” in the upper-right corner.
- ForeFlight Default, or International which provides more space for recording actual leg values during flights.
- En-route airport METAR/TAF - Controls if the briefing should include METAR/TAF for automatically selected en-route airports along the route of flight. OFF will disable these for all flights and ON will enable them for all flights. Select AUTO to only include these METAR/TAFs for low altitude flights (cruise altitude of FL180 or below). Dispatch will only select en-route airports that have at least one runway longer than the minimum runway length for the selected aircraft.
- Significant weather chart - Controls if only the most relevant significant weather chart based on ETD of a flight should be added or if an extra chart for +6 hours later should be added. Select “Closest to ETD” to only include one significant weather chart, and select “Closest to ETD + 6 hours ahead” to also include a second chart depicting forecast weather 6 hours after the flight’s ETD.
- Extra wind chart altitudes - Controls if the briefing should include two extra wind charts for altitudes above and below the final cruise altitude. Select OFF to only include one wind chart depicting the wind forecast at your planned cruise altitude. Select ON to include two additional wind forecast charts for altitudes above and below your planned cruise altitude.
- En-route airport NOTAM - Controls if the briefing should include NOTAMs for automatically selected en-route airports along the route of flight. Select OFF to disable these for all flights, and select ON to enable these for all flights. Dispatch will only select en-route airports that have at least one runway longer than the minimum runway length for the selected aircraft.
- FIR NOTAM - Controls if the briefing should include FIR NOTAMs for all en-route FIRs. Select OFF to disable these for all flights, and select ON to enable these for all flights.
- Route Report - Controls if the Jeppesen Airway Manual Analysis should be included in the briefing. The Route Report (Jeppesen Airway Manual) analysis will show all relevant airway restrictions and notes based on your route of flight. Select OFF to disable this for all flights, and select ON to enable it for all flights. Select AUTO to only include the JAM Analysis for flights that are fully or partially outside of North America, Europe, and the North Atlantic region.
- Organized Track Messages - Controls if organized track messages should be included in the briefing for oceanic flights. Select OFF to disable these for all flights. Select “Auto - only for direction of flights” to include only messages for tracks having the same direction as the flight, and select “Auto - both directions” to include messages for tracks in both directions. Dispatch will automatically limit these messages to the track system most relevant for the flight (e.g. NATS, PACOTS, or AUSOTS), and will not include any messages if the flight does not intersect any of these track systems.